Representative in Congress
Occupation: State Senator (May 2008 - November 2011)
Occupational Background: Consumer Protection Attorney
Educational Background: JD, BA, University of Oregon; AS Lane Community College
Prior Governmental Experience: State Senator and Representative; Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
Family: Married 26 years, two adult children
The Right Priorities.
Congress has forgotten who it is supposed to serve. We need a leader who will fight for our priorities. You know where Suzanne stands and she has a record to prove it.
A Lifetime Standing Up for Middle Class Families, Seniors and Consumers
Suzanne worked her way through community college, college and law school. Now she works for us.
- Protecting consumers at the Federal Trade Commission, Suzanne held mortgage companies accountable when dishonest practices cost people their homes.
- As a legislator, she stopped predatory payday lenders and life insurance scams targeting seniors.
- As a volunteer and legislator, Suzanne fought to improve our public schools.
A Champion for Small Business and Jobs
Suzanne's first job was in her mom's small business – learning the challenges and rewards firsthand.
- Suzanne passed legislation to help Oregonians start small businesses and to help Oregon businesses access resources to keep and create jobs.
- In the private sector, Suzanne fought for small-businesspeople when unprincipled corporations tried to cheat them out of their life savings.
The Right Priorities for Congress
Suzanne will attack the debt the right way.
- End the Bush tax cuts for millionaires instead of making seniors, veterans and middle class families pay for a financial crisis they didn't cause.
- End tax giveaways for big oil companies making record profits instead of threatening education and job training.
- Protect, don't privatize Social Security and Medicare.
Oregon State Council for Retired Citizens
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
Oregon State Fire Fighters Council
Northwest Credit Union Association
Planned Parenthood Action Fund
Beaverton Education Association
Oregon Nurses Association
(This information furnished by Bonamici for Congress.)