Occupation: Systems Engineer/Optical Designer
Occupational Background: Systems Engineer, Optical Designer, Process Engineer: Semiconductor Industry, 25 years.
Educational Background: Ph.D. Physics, B.S. Physics/Mathematics
Prior Governmental Experience: none
Family: Wife: Linda. RN/ Assistant Professor. OHSU School of Nursing. Son: Connor. Highland Park Middle School
Democratic Party Service: Oregon representative: Democratic National Committee (4 years); chair: 1st Congressional District Democrats; Former chair: Washington County Democrats; Delegate: 3 presidential nominating conventions; Electoral College member
Mike Bohan: Experience We Need.For a Change
Salem faces the same issues year after year. Ballot measures are making the job harder. Salem needs a problem-solver who demands accountability. Mike Bohan will bring real-world experience to Salem to bring the change we need.
Mike believes education is key to a strong economy. A strong economy creates family wage jobs that provide quality, affordable health care.
Mike understands how it all fits together.
Education is key to a strong economy
Mike believes we cannot jeopardize our children's future or economy. That's why he will:
- Close corporate loopholes and redirect kicker returns to create a rainy day fund for schools;
- Stop tuition hikes that drive our best and brightest students out of the state.
A strong economy provides family wage jobs
Mike believes a well-educated workforce is essential to our economy. As your next Representative Mike will:
- Invest in higher education;
- Cut red tape to encourage business;
- Encourage public-private partnerships to create family wage jobs.
Family wage jobs provide quality affordable health care
Mike believes too many Oregonians don't have health care. That's why as your next Representative, Mike will:
- Reduce the cost of health care;
- Invest in a health insurance pool to drive costs down $100 million;
- Put that money back into the classroom.
- Senator Ryan Deckert;
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters;
- Oregon AFSCME Council 75;
- Oregon School Employees Association;
- Dual endorsement by the Democratic Party of Multnomah County
(This information furnished by the Elect Mike Bohan Committee.)