Occupation: State Representative; Teacher, Portland Community College
Occupational Background: Communication Consultant
Educational Background: Doctoral Student, College of Urban and Public Affairs, Portland State University; M.A. Communication, San Francisco State University; B.A., Psychology, University of California at Berkeley
Prior Governmental Experience: Parks Task Force, City of Tigard
KEEPING HIS PROMISES TO OREGON
Strengthening Our Economy:
Larry kept his promise to help Oregon's businesses and workers.
- Voted for a 12% tax cut for Oregon businesses.
- Helped pass research and development incentives for high-tech companies.
Working For Quality Schools:
Larry kept his promise to fight for our schools and our kids.
- Sponsored legislation to fund Oregon schools in accordance with the Quality Education Model.
- Proposed an Education First Fund to allow citizens to contribute to Oregon's Schools.
- Urged his colleagues to increase the Rainy Day Fund for public education.
"Larry is smart, articulate and really cares about the people in his District."
Washington County Commissioner Dick Schouten
Looking Out For Oregon Consumers:
Larry kept his promise to stand up for consumers.
- Sponsored a bill to protect taxpayers from sky-high interest rates on Refund Anticipation Loans.
- Supported a common sense law requiring health insurance companies to hold public hearings before they can raise rates.
Keeping Oregonians Safe:
Larry kept his promise to create a safer Oregon.
- Strongly supported Jessica's Law to protect children from sexual predators.
- Initiated a bipartisan measure to shield Oregon's police officers by securing their personal contact information.
- Opposed efforts to weaken laws prohibiting guns on school property.
- Honored his commitment to defend senior citizens from financial fraud.
"Larry Galizio stood up for measures that keep our communities and police officers safe. We still need him fighting for us in Salem."
Glen Scruggs, President, Tigard Police Officers' Association
TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR OREGON
(This information furnished by Friends of Larry Galizio.)