Occupational Background: Public service
Educational Background: Undergraduate and law degree; University of Missouri-Columbia
Prior Governmental Experience: United States Marine Corps; Oregon Supreme Court Justice; Oregon Attorney General; Insurance Commissioner; State Legislator
Married to Mary Oberst; three children.
Leadership and Results Through Difficult Times
Bringing Oregon's Economy Back
When Governor Kulongoski took office, Oregon had the highest unemployment rate in the nation. Under his leadership, we've created over 100,000 new jobs and our economy is the fifth fastest growing in the United States. Oregon's unemployment rate is at its lowest level since 2001.
Investing in Public Education
Governor Kulongoski knows that the best way to grow our economy is to improve our public schools. He is leading the way with a plan that will end lost school days and overcrowded classrooms forever.
Lowering Health Care Costs
- Governor Kulongoski is taking on the big drug companies to give Oregonians access to lower-cost prescription drugs.
- He has a plan to provide health care for 117,000 uninsured Oregon children.
Keeping Our Communities Safe
- Under Kulongoski's leadership, Oregon enacted America's toughest restrictions on meth ingredients and cut small meth labs by 70%.
- He enacted three laws to protect senior citizens and the disabled from identity theft and physical abuse.
Cutting Government Waste & Mismanagement
- When Governor Kulongoski took office, he ended the outsourcing of state call centers to India.
- He negotiated a deal to purchase office supplies in bulk, saving the state millions of dollars.
Making Oregon a Renewable Energy Leader
Governor Kulongoski has a plan to have 25% of our energy come from renewable sources by 2025, to keep our air clean and create thousands of new jobs.
Oregon's Progressive Leaders Support Ted Kulongoski
Endorsed by: NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon PAC, Planned Parenthood PAC of Oregon, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Susan Castillo, Attorney General Hardy Myers, and former Governor Barbara Roberts.
GOVERNOR TED KULONGOSKI
Progress on our Highest Priorities
(This information furnished by Ted Kulongoski for Governor.)