Occupation: business development specialist
Occupational Background: electronics design; manufacturing; financial management; public service
Educational Background: Dartmouth College; public schools
Prior Governmental Experience: chair: NASA industry advisory council; consumer advocate: Oregon Construction Contractors Board; Portland Environmental Services Director; chair: Portland Private Industry Council
- co-chair, Pro-Choice Caucus
- Land Use and Environment Committees
- Audits Committee
- Stable Schools Task Force
- Task Force on Senior Services
Nolan believes great schools create great communities.
- Championed more funding for public schools and colleges.
- Proposed plan to allow local voters more control.
Nolan is an astute, effective environmental steward.
- Co-sponsored Willamette Restoration proposals.
- Proposed balanced land use adjustments to protect wilderness and property values.
Nolan steadfastly defends civil liberties.
- Led strategy that defeated every anti-abortion bill.
- Sponsored bill to create civil unions.
Nolan helped protect services for low-income seniors.
- Publicly advocated to keep Oregon Project Independence.
- Sponsored Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program.
Nolan promotes sustainable economic growth.
- Sponsored law to help laid-off workers in re-training programs.
- Sponsored Oregon Opportunity to create new high-paying jobs.
Nolan stood for affordable health care, and she made a difference.
- Sponsored law to help small businesses afford health insurance.
- Sponsored law to control prescription costs in Oregon Health Plan
I have made a home in this district for 21 years. I am honored that you have trusted me to represent you, and I know that the work you want me and the legislature to do is not finished. Our communities - neighborhoods, cities, the state as a whole - need us all to find common ground. That's the mission I will pursue if you elect me again.
I will continue to seek your advice and ideas. Feel free to call me at 503-248-9930.
Please vote for me as your State Representative.
Proven Leadership. Real Solutions.
(This information furnished by Mary Nolan.)