Occupation: Environmental Consultant in water quality, natural resources, and hazardous materials management.
Occupational Background: Thirty years consulting and managing environmental firms: EMCON (Portland, Eugene), Adolfson Associates (Portland), and Henshaw Associates (Portland); science and math teacher at grade school, high school, and university levels; medical researcher at OHSU; cab driver, furniture mover, construction labor.
Educational Background: Reed College B.S. Chemistry; University of Minnesota M.S. Biochemistry; Cornell University M.S. Hydrology.
Prior Governmental Experience: Planner and Water Resources Program Manager, Lane Council of Governments; Manager, Lane County Water Health Laboratory.
Community Service: Oregon Bus Project volunteer, Bus Boston organizer; Roadless area surveys, ONRC; Citizen Participation Organization Stafford Area; Citizens Advisory Board for Sewer Rates, Eugene-Springfield; Association of Washington Business, Water Quality Subcommittee; Peace Corps Volunteer, Kazakhstan; civic volunteer as time permits.
YOU BE THE JUDGE! There are three good candidates for HD #37. You will decide who can serve you best. I will listen, I will work hard, I will be creative, I will be accessible, I will be fair, and I am honest. I am fiscally conservative, socially tolerant, and politically progressive. I have lived here 13 years and understand the issues in Tualatin, West Linn, and Stafford. Top priority is EDUCATION. If we fix the tax system we can afford quality education, preventative health care, and rational environmental regulation. YOU DECIDE!
WHERE I STAND:
- Suspend the kicker! Dedicate the surplus for education!
- Comprehensive health care under 18 years - expand Oregon Health Plan.
- Support community hospital planning; make health care access a Constitutional right.
- Legislature should meet annually.
- #37 -Protect landowners but enforce pollution protection; developers to pay ALL infrastructure costs.
- I DO NOT support privatization of Government.
- I support Civil Unions and measures to foster stability of ALL types of families.
- Create state-wide community based METH education and intervention program.
- Support assistance to Oregon's entrepreneurs and Oregon arts/ music community.
- Support biodiesel and green building incentives.
(This information furnished by Rosenthal for Oregon House.)