Representative in Congress
Occupational Background: Attorney helping Oregonians start high technology and international trade businesses.
Educational Background: Stanford University; Harvard Medical School; Yale Law School
Prior Governmental Experience: none
Family: David and his wife Michelle have two children, 8-year old Matthew, 6-year old Sarah and dog Teddy. Michelle taught school in Oregon for 12 years.
Investing in Oregon's Education, Economy, and People
Improving our Schools, Growing our Economy
David Wu is a champion for Oregon's schools because economic success begins with quality education.
- Congressman Wu has fought for smaller class size and better school facilities.
- Wu has legislation to make college more affordable and financial aid fairer.
- As Co-Chair of the Community College Caucus, Wu is improving their ability to train our workforce and put Oregonians back to work.
- Wu has brought new resources to Oregon's universities to support cutting-edge technology that fuels economic prosperity.
David Wu is fighting in Congress to create high-paying jobs in Oregon.
- Wu secured o ver $48 million to build and repair Oregon's highways and railroads, creating high-wage construction jobs and reducing traffic congestion.
- Congressman Wu sponsored legislation to encourage small businesses to expand and create new jobs.
Charting the Right Course for a Safer, Stronger America
- To avoid sacrificing schools and needed health care, Congressman Wu opposed tax giveaways to the chosen few.
- Wu voted against the Iraq war and co-sponsored the Murtha resolution to bring our troops home.
- He voted to preserve civil liberties, opposed the Patriot Act, and voted for sound national security.
- Recognizing the scourge of methamphetamine, Wu is fighting to educate the public, prevent its use, and enforce tougher meth laws.
- No one should have to choose between food or filling a prescription. Wu wants to simplify the prescription drug law, allow for negotiation to lower prices, permit reimportation, and close the gap in coverage.
CONGRESSMAN DAVID WU
Independent, Effective Leadership
(This information furnished by David Wu for Congress.)