Judge of the Circuit Court
Occupation: Circuit Court Judge Pro Tem
Occupational Background: Attorney in private practice, MPD Juvenile Attorney (2000-2001); Trial Attorney, Law Clerk, Rieke & Savage (1991-2000); Editor, The Daily Advertiser, Lafayette, Louisiana; Editorial Assistant, American Baby and Option music magazine.
Educational Background: Juris Doctorate, Lewis & Clark Law School, 1993; B.A. in Journalism with distinction, LSU, 1988.
Prior Governmental Experience: Judge Pro Tem
EXPERIENCED FAIR BALANCED
Judge Pro Tem Albrecht is fair, experienced and hard-working. She presides over criminal cases, small claims and landlord/tenant disputes, jury trials and traffic court. Her extensive courtroom experience as a trial lawyer and judge helps her truly understand litigants' needs.
ENERGY DEDICATION SERVICE
Judge Pro Tem Albrecht cares about our justice system and community. She serves on committees to improve public service, diversity, and safety, including:
- State Bar: Diversity Executive Committee; Public Service Advisory Committee; Criminal Jury Instruction Committee (past member).
- Multnomah Bar: Equality Committee (past chair); Pro Bono Committee (past member)
- Multnomah Domestic Violence Council, Stalking sub-committee
- Presiding Judge's Jury Service Improvement Committee
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Queen's Bench Board of Directors (past member)
- "Write Around Portland" (nonprofit), led creative writing workshops for low income and disabled individuals.
RESPECTED QUALIFIED TRUSTED
"In her years as a pro tem judge, Cheryl has already demonstrated that she is diligent, practical, smart and uncommonly insightful. She's earned the respect of the circuit judges and the litigants who appear before her. I am convinced she is the right choice for the Multnomah County Circuit Court bench and recommend her enthusiastically."
The Hon. Darleen Ortega, Oregon Court of Appeals
"In her years on the bench, Cheryl Albrecht has shown she has a great legal mind and consistently good judicial temperament."
Hon. Alicia Fuchs
"My ties to the community outside legal circles give me real world perspective in the courtroom. I am committed to the highest ideals of the legal profession."
Judge Pro Tem Cheryl Albrecht
(This information furnished by Citizens to Elect Judge Pro Tem Cheryl Albrecht.)