Occupation: Attorney, Carpenter & Joslin, P.C.
Occupational Background: Attorney, Kilpatricks P.C.; Legal Intern, Harris County District Attorney's Office, Special Crimes Bureau, Consumer Fraud Division; and Steel Fabricator, Hassell Fabrication.
Educational Background: Southern Oregon State College, B.S., 1996, Business Administration. South Texas College of Law, J.D., 1999.
Prior Governmental Experience: City of John Day, Planning Commission, member since 2001; City of John Day, Advisory Committee for the Development Code Update, 2003 to 2005; Grant County Board of Property Tax Appeals, member since 2005; Grant County ESD #3, Budget Committee, 2005.
I was raised in Grant County and attended elementary, middle and high school here. In 2000, following law school, I returned to the area to practice law. I am familiar with the people and the diverse range of opinions and concerns present here.
We have been through a succession of district attorneys who have had few ties to our county, who have failed to serve a full term, and who have rapidly left the area following their time in office.
We need a District Attorney who is familiar with the area, who is willing to stay the course, and who is committed to serving and protecting the citizens of our county.
As your District Attorney:
- I would review and prepare cases to submit to the judge and jury in an efficient, methodical and professional manner;
- I would work closely with law enforcement, local governments, agencies and citizens to maximize public safety through the effective prosecution of crimes;
- I would use my administrative skills and experience to effectively utilize local and state resources;
- I would keep myself informed on changes in the law, especially those changes that affect the prosecution of crimes in our county;
- I would have an "open door," and be available to serve all citizens of our county with fairness; and
- I would stay the course.
I AM READY TO SERVE OUR COUNTY AND WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR VOTE.
(This information furnished by Jim Carpenter for District Attorney.)