Occupation: Small business owner, Government Relations Consulting; State Representative.
Occupational Background: Certified Forester®; U.S. Forest Service (10 years); Forest products industry (11 years).
Educational Background: MBA, James Madison University, 1988; MS Resource Management and Policy, State University of New York, 1980; BS Forest Management, Colorado State University, 1977.
Prior Governmental Experience: 2005 House Committees-Transportation, vice-chair; Agriculture & Natural Resources; Information Management & Technology; Bend Metro Park & Recreation District Board, 1999, 2003; Western Governors' Association National Fire Plan team; Governor Kulongoski's Eastside Forest Advisory Committee.
Community Service: National Ski Patrol; Deschutes United Way; Oregon Society of American Foresters; Habitat for Humanity.
Personal: Married 28 years; Two grown children.
Priorities, Leadership, Solutions
Chuck Burley: The Right Fit
"Rep. Burley promised in 2004 to increase education funding, protect funds for seniors and the disabled, and help Bend's college students. He delivered for Bend and Oregon." Debie Griffith, OSU Cascades Student
- Increased K-12 education funding by over 8%
- Created permanent funding for Oregon Project Independence for seniors and disabled.
- Reduced Governor's proposed tuition increases.
"Chuck Burley works across party lines to make communities stronger and Oregon a better place to work, live and play." Oran Teater, Former Mayor of Bend
Sponsored and passed bi-partisan legislation:
- Authorizing Community Forest Authorities, to protect working forests.
- Allowing modular homes to be built to standards of the destination state, protecting jobs in Bend.
- Funding airports, rail, ports, and public transit.
"One of Rep. Burley's strengths is working with others on innovative solutions to today's issues. He's responsive and sensitive to all constituents. He's the kind of person we all can relate to." Ruth Anne Staley, Constituent
- Co-sponsored bi-partisan legislation to increase capital for school construction.
- Co-sponsored bi-partisan legislation to kick-start the creation of bio-fuels and biomass energy in Oregon.
- Helped pass laws getting tough on meth cooks and removing children from meth houses.
Re-Elect Rep. Chuck Burley
(This information furnished by Chuck Burley for State Representative.)