Occupation: Financial planner for non-profits
Occupational Background: Financial & Charitable Gift Planner 1986-present; Ordained Minister 1967-present; Broadcaster 1976-1989.
Educational Background: Bachelors', California State University, Northridge, 1964; Masters', American Baptist Seminary of the West, 1967; Doctorate, San Francisco Theological Seminary, 1977; Public Relations, UCLA, 1971; College For Financial Planning, 1994, 1998.
Prior Governmental Experience: Washington County Fair Complex Review Committee, 2005; School District #9 Board of Directors, chair 1988-89, member 1985-1989
Community Service: Imlay Elementary School Volunteer, 2005-present; Hawthorn Farm Village Owners' Association, Treasurer 2005-present, Board 1990-91; Rose Villa Retirement Community Board, Secretary 1996-present; Oregon Section, National Association for Amateur Radio, Oregon Public Information Coordinator, 2003-present.
Personal: Married to Barbara 41 years; three adult children; six grandchildren. Lifelong registered Republican.
Balance & Understanding: A Breadth of Experience
"Our schools need a consistent financial foundation, and our quality of life requires upgraded transportation options and economic growth that comes from job creation."
- Our schools must be funded first & early in the budget process, giving school districts certainty
- Our transportation system must move people & goods efficiently
- The tax & regulatory system must allow businesses to grow, thrive & create jobs
"I see a positive future for Oregon. To achieve it we must be forward-thinking and not simply rely on solutions from the past." Everett Curry
- We need a 21st Century land use system
- Oregon should encourage alternative fuels, bio-diesel. It's good for farmers & the environment
- Oregon's people must be at the heart of all policy making
A Breadth of Experience
- Works with small non-profits, churches, colleges, and charities in board and financial development
- Named "Oregon Volunteer of the Year" by Gov. Vic Atiyeh for founding law enforcement chaplain's program and homeless shelter
- Helped start first FM radio station on Oregon coast
Elect Everett Curry
(This information furnished by Committee to Elect Everett Curry.)