Occupation: Radio talk show host; Farmer
Occupational Background: Farmer
Educational Background: Linn-Benton Community College; High School Diploma
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative; Sublimity Fire board Halsey Planning commission; Oregon Connections Academy school board
Re-Elect Jeff Kropf
It has been an absolute honor to serve you these last eight years and I am asking you to return me to the legislature to work for you again.
Accomplishments last session: I am most proud of my legislation benefiting our Oregon National Guardsmen, Reservists and Veterans which was a direct result of my conversations with Oregon National Guardsmen when I visited them in Iraq during Thanksgiving 2004.
- Oregon income tax return check off to help wounded soldiers pay their bills while recovering
- $1000 property tax exemption for deployed soldiers
- Former military can buy into PERS
- Streamlined property tax appeals
- Helping the Agriculture Department deal with noxious weeds and damaging flocks of geese
- Reduces workers compensation costs for employers
- Responsible budget that didn't raise taxes and funded a small reserve fund.
Bills Not Passing
- Incentives to establish the bio-fuels industry in Oregon, stimulating our natural resource industries, creating cleaner air to breathe and reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
- Stopping DMV from giving licenses to illegal aliens
- Redirecting money from the arts to enhance our ability to fight terrorism
What I want to accomplish next session
- More state troopers on the road to keep you safe
- Deny taxpayer funded services to illegal aliens
- Reduce the size of government through privatization
- Create a permanent state rainy day fund.
- Better educate our kids by making every public school a charter school
- Create a tax free Oregon Health Savings Account to reduce your health care costs
- Protect our private property rights by clarifying Measure 37
- Help our war veterans when they return home.
I humbly ask for your vote.
(This information furnished by Jeff Kropf for State Representative.)