Occupational Background: Farming/Law/Business
Educational Background: Albany Public Schools; Willamette University; University of Virginia Law School
Prior Governmental Experience: School Board Chairman
Family: Married to Lynne; son Andy
Community Service: Boy Scouts; Higher Education Roundtable; Portland Schools Foundation; Various Business Boards
Endorsements: Oregonians for Food and Shelter, Associated Oregon Loggers
"I am running for Governor to change how Oregon's state government operates. I will shake things up in Salem by replacing a political culture and a generation of government bureaucrats that have failed to deliver."
Not a career politician
- Ron Saxton's leadership skills come from a lifetime of real experience. He has been a successful business leader, an elected school board chair, cherry farm owner, husband, and father.
Fiscally conservative leadership
- By the end of Ron's first term as Governor, the cost of Oregon's government bureaucracy will be cut by 10%.
- Ron will eliminate unnecessary state agencies, hold underperforming agencies accountable, and reform PERS so future benefits resemble those available in the private sector.
Creating jobs and lowering taxes
- Ron will eliminate the capital gains tax, encouraging business investment in Oregon.
- Oregon's harsh regulatory climate will be reformed, and state government will have a pro-business, pro-jobs attitude.
More education experience than any other candidate
- Oregon schools will have smaller class sizes, outstanding schools, and qualified teachers without spending more money.
- As a public school board chairman, Ron helped schools save millions through privatization and better management.
- Ron supports school choice, charter schools, and home schooling.
Fighting for issues Oregonians care about
- Cracking down on sexual predators and drug dealers in our communities.
- Stopping Oregon from issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
- Protecting private property rights.
- Building and maintaining the roads Oregon needs.
- Supporting our Second Amendment rights
- Pushing for meaningful tort reform.
Leadership - For a Change
(This information furnished by Friends of Ron Saxton.)