Occupation: Farmer, State Representative
Occupational Background: Small business owner; Support Enforcement Officer;
Educational Background: Corbett High School; attended Mt. Hood Community College.
Prior Governmental Experience: Chair, Ag & Natural Resources; Chair, House Trade & Economic Development Committee; Governor's Meth Task Force; Business, Labor & Consumer Affairs Committee; Emergency Preparedness Joint Committee; Senior & Disabled Task Force; House Task Force on Economy & Jobs.
IT'S EASIER TO PROMISE THAN TO DELIVER
Delivers For Children
- Pushed Stable Schools Plan. Increased funding for capital investment in local community colleges
- Introduced and passed a Meth bill that gets tough on meth cooks and funds drug courts. Gets children out of meth houses and makes it difficult to buy drugs to make meth
- Introduced and passed legislation that enhances penalties for sexual predators
"Representative Smith has played an active role in passing new laws that make it difficult to manufacture methamphetamine. Shirley Morgan, Anti Drug Community Activist
Delivers For Agriculture and Business
- Helped pass "Connect Oregon" - more lottery funds into this region for transportation projects
- Represents Oregon agriculture's $4 billion dollar industry. Balances farming, growth and small business needs
- Instrumental in helping find alternative fuel sources to meet growing demand for energy
"Patti Smith works across party lines to get things done for businesses and commodities in our area" Fred Duckwall, President, Duckwall-Pooley Fruit Co.
Delivers For Seniors and on Health Care
- Restored funding and added people with disabilities to Oregon Project Independence
- Helped pass major bill requiring health plan coverage for mental health treatment
- Supported legislation requiring cancer screening be included in health insurance coverage
"Smith's quiet leadership and her knowledge and compassion produce great results for our seniors and those in need." Nev Scott, Retired, Former Small Business Owner
RE - ELECT PATTI SMITH
(503) 695-2545 firstname.lastname@example.org
(This information furnished by Patti Smith.)