Occupation:State Representative; Attorney
Occupational Background:Attorney at Law; Mediator; Arbitrator
Educational Background:University of Oregon, B.S. 1958; J.D. 1963
Prior Governmental Experience:Lane Community College Board of Education, 1965 to 1971 and 1999 to 2003; Citizens Utility Board, 1986 to 1990; Springfield City Council, 1967 to 1969
Representing YOUR interests in Salem!
Bob believes an affordable quality education at all levels is essential to the future of our families and community. Bob will work to provide:
- Full funding for our childrens schools.
- Tuition and Fee freezes to keep our students from being priced out of our Colleges and Universities.
- Increased investment in Community College vocational/technical training and workforce development programs.
Bob understands what it takes to make government live within its means. An opponent of the bond, borrow and spend mentality to fund state government, Bob will fight for:
- Restoring auditors cut by the Legislature and expand their powers to find efficiencies in government.
- Enact zero-based budgeting and recapture cash carryovers in state agency budgets.
- Close the tax loopholes.
A businessman for over 40 years, Bob knows what it takes to stimulate business development and family wage jobs. Bobs plan for real economic development includes:
- Reduce capital gains for Oregon investors who will provide real job growth and direct investments into our community.
- Increase authority of the Oregon Investment Council to invest in local businesses.
- A larger commitment in developing partnerships between our Universities and Oregon businesses to develop new, clean, cutting edge industries.
Hes Working for You!
I pledge fair, independent and accessible representation for the citizens of District 13.
State Representative, District 13
www.RobertAckerman.com(This information furnished by Robert L. Ackerman for State Representative Committee.)