Secretary of State
Occupation:Secretary of State
Occupational Background:Executive Director, For the Sake of the Salmon; television journalist; owner, restaurant and video production company
Educational Background:graduate of University of Chicago High School; attended Antioch College
Prior Governmental Experience:Senate President; Senate Majority Leader; State Senator; State Representative
Oregon's Secretary of State
- As Oregons chief auditor, Bill has identified savings of tens of millions of dollars in over 200 audits
- Operates a fraud, waste, and abuse hotline
- Cracked down on reckless Lottery spending
Ensuring the Integrity of our Elections System
- Eliminated all punch card ballots in Oregon
- Required all recounts to be done by hand with paper ballots
- Aggressively enforced all campaign laws
Protecting Oregons Natural Heritage and the Common School Fund
- As one of 3 members of the State Land Board, Bill will continually maximize the amount of money distributed to local schools from the Common School Fund.
- Bill has fought to ensure public access and proper management of state lands to ensure environmental values are maintained.
Streamlining government to make it more user friendly.
- During Bills tenure the business start up fee was reduced from $440 to $50, one of the lowest in the nation.
- Creating a one stop shop for starting a business
The reason to re-elect Bill Bradbury isnt just about his list of accomplishments.
Its about the kind of leader he is.
Today, politics seems more mean-spirited than it has been and should be. I will use this campaign to emphasize what we have in common, instead of finding ways to divide us. We are, after all, one Oregon.
Re-elect Bill Bradbury
Oregons Secretary of State