Occupation:Executive Director, Multnomah Community
Occupational Background:Administrator of Not-for-Profit Organizations
Educational Background:BA in Anthropology, University of Colorado; Masters of Divinity with a focus on Ethics, Union Theological Seminary, New York
Prior Governmental Experience:Gresham Centennial Planning Committee, Gresham Strategic Planning Committee, Gresham Police Advisory Committee, Governors Task Force 2010
Community Activities:East County Habitat for Humanity, Portland City Club K-12 Stable Funding Committee, Multnomah County Library Board, Oregon Public Affairs Network Board of Directors
BECAUSE OREGON CAN DO BETTER
- With our states high unemployment rate, we must do everything we can do increase the availability of family-wage jobs for all Oregonians.
- At the very least, we must protect our recent advances in protecting the states minimum wage and ensuring regular increases for minimum wage workers.
Oregon Can Do Better In Providing Education for Our Children
- Oregons educational system is making it difficult for our children to learn, despite dedicated teachers and parents.
- Class sizes are increasing; school years are shortening; budgets are stretched.
- We must ensure that our schools have stable funding so that Oregons school children are recognized for outstanding academic achievement.
Oregon Can Do Better In Providing Access to Quality Health Care for All Oregonians
- Too many Oregonians Are uninsured and have no access to health care.
- Too many Oregon senior citizens cannot afford to pay for expensive medications.
- Even the Oregon Health Plan doesnt provide enough care for enough people.
- Every Oregonian must have quality health care when they need it, no matter who they are.
I look forward to having a conversation
with the voters of Troutdale, Wood Village, Fairview and Gresham to come up
with a future we all want for Oregon.
Vote for Rob Brading