Occupation:State Senator; Development Director,
Community Transitional School.
Occupational Background:Development Director, Hewlett Packards Innovators in Education Program; Business Development, STOA Architects.
Educational Background:Beaverton Schools graduate; B.A., University of Oregon
Prior Governmental Experience:State Representative; Governors Elder Abuse Task Force; Leadership Council, SMART Reading Program; Board, Portland Habitat for Humanity; Advisory Board, U.S. Internet Council; Oregon Disabilities Commissioner.
Investing In Oregon Jobs
- Successfully authored legislation investing $21 million in signature research
centers for microtechnology and nanotechnology at Oregon universities.
- Authored legislation offering incentives to venture capitalists who invest
in Oregon businesses.
- Chief sponsor of E-Commerce Zones legislation that has already created 700+ Oregon jobs.
Ryan gets it. He led the effort to invest in education and create
a climate for job growth. Thats why Oregons High Tech industry
named him Legislator of the Year.
-- Jim B. Johnson, Former Vice President, Intel A Champion for Education
- Authored changes to the school funding formula, netting Beaverton and
Portland schools up to $1.5 million in additional revenue this year.
- Fought for a K-12 budget that would ensure a full school year, prevent
teacher layoffs, reduce class sizes and add back art and music.
- Developed a program with Intel that provides computer training to learning-disabled children, helping them keep up with their peers.
Finally, we have a Senator who shares our values, listens to constituents
and supports schools. Please join me in supporting Ryans re-election.
-- Johanna Vaandering, Beaverton Elementary Teacher Protecting Seniors
As the only legislator on the Governors Elder Abuse Task Force, Ryan fights to protect seniors from con artists and dishonest caregivers.
- Wrote one of the toughest laws in the nation protecting seniors from
fraudulent sweepstakes scams.
- Supported a prescription drug purchasing pool to bring drug costs down for Oregonians.
As a lifelong Republican, I am proud to cross party lines and support
Ryan because he builds consensus.
-- Tom Hartung, Former Republican State Senator, Beaverton
(This information furnished by Friends of Ryan Deckert.)