Sara A. Gelser
Occupation:Community Organizer, Parent
Occupational Background:Instructor, Linn-Benton Community College; Regional Coordinator, Coalition in Oregon for Parent Education; Youth Minister, Grace Lutheran Church; Substitute Teacher
Educational Background:MAIS, OSU; BA, Earlham College
Prior Governmental Experience:Corvallis School Board; Linn-Benton-Lincoln ESD Budget Committee; Chair, Oregon Senate Interim Working Group on Special Education; Chair, Benton County LICC; Governor Kitzhabers appointee, State Interagency Coordinating Council
Sara Gelser- An Effective LeaderSara was named Corvallis Junior First Citizen in recognition of outstanding community service. Sara is known for accessibility, dependability, and diligence.
When Sara sees a need, she doesnt wait for someone else to take the lead. She develops creative solutions and then gets the job done.
Sara GelserA leader we can trustSara founded a non-profit organization serving medical professionals and families worldwide. She is past president of The Arc of Benton County. Sara developed innovative new parent education classes at LBCC. She led the effort to provide 1000 lunches to hungry children during cut school days. Sara is vice-chair of the Corvallis School Board.
Saras opponent, an incumbent legislator, had 139 unexcused absences and missed 25% of the votes during the 2003 legislative session. The people of Corvallis and Philomath need a new, effective leader who will be there to get the job done.
Sara Gelser Shell be there for us
- Sara will be there to support early childhood, K-12 and higher education
- Sara will be there to defend personal freedoms and support equal rights
- Sara will be there to fight for our environment
- Sara will be there to reform our tax system
- Sara will be there to advocate for children, seniors, and people with disabilities
- Sara will be there to stand up for workers and small businesses
- Sara will be there for the people of Corvallis and Philomath