Occupational Background: Justice of the Peace Wood River Justice Court: Chief Deputy District Attorney; Administrative Deputy District Attorney; Deputy District Attorney; Judicial Clerk; Mother
Educational Background: Bachelor of Science Southern Oregon State College 1985; Juris Doctorate Willamette University College of Law 1988.
Prior Governmental Experience: Justice of the Peace Klamath County; Deputy District Attorney Klamath County; Law Clerk Yamhill County.
Marci Adkisson is dedicated to Klamath County and committed to the local way of life. Born and raised in Lakeview, Oregon and educated in Oregon schools, Marci returned to Southern Oregon in 1989 to work in the Klamath County District Attorneys Office. She stands alone among Circuit Court judicial candidates for her record of proven service to the citizens of Klamath County.
- Justice of the Peace, Wood River Justice Court.
- Responsible for all aspects of Court administration, supervision of staff, budget, docket and operations.
- Expanded Court proceedings for greater public convenience.
- 14 years Klamath County District Attorneys Office.
- Responsible for supervision of lawyers, staff, case assignment, case disposition, advising Major Crime Team, chairing Multi-Disciplinary Team and Klamath County Grand Jury.
- Prosecution and sentencing of Measure 11 felonies including; Aggravated Murder.
- Attorney in charge of handling cases with abused and neglected children for the Department of Human Resources.
- Member of Local Professional Responsibility Board of the Oregon State Bar responsible for investigation alleged ethic violations by local lawyers. Provided evidence against two local lawyers resulting in termination of law practices.
- Volunteer Klamath County Legal Aid
- Instructor NRA gun safety course
- Ross Ragland Theater Board
- Start Making a Reader Today Board (SMART)
- Klamath KID Center Board
- Instructor Klamath Community College
- Instructor Klamath Falls City Police Reserve Academy
- Salvation Army Board
- Coach YMCA childrens soccer
- Court Consolidation Committee
- Courthouse Security Committee
(This information furnished by Committee to Elect Marci
Circuit Court Judge.)