Occupation: District Attorney for Lane County.
Occupational Background: 1985 to present, District Attorney for Lane County; 1974-1985, Assistant District Attorney for Lane County; 1973-1974, Accountant with Moss, Adams & Co., Certified Public Accountants.
Educational Background: Doctor of Jurisprudence, June 1973, University of Oregon School of Law; B.A., June 1970, University of Iowa.
Prior Governmental Experience: District Attorney for Lane County, 1985 to present; Assistant District Attorney for Lane County, 1974-1985.
Community Service: President, Friends of the Child Advocacy Center, 1995 to January 2004; President, Eugene Rotary Club, 1990-1991; President, Oregon Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America, July 1986 to June 1988; Assistant Scout Master, Troop 100, 1994-1998; KIDSPORTS Coach; Founding Board Member, Emerald Valley Boys and Girls Clubs, 1999-2002.
Family: Doug and his wife, Jeanne, have lived in Lane County for 29 years. They have two children.
Doug Harcleroad has an outstanding record of service:
- Harcleroad has been successfully prosecuting criminals for 29 years.
- Harcleroad is a Past President of the Oregon District Attorneys Association.
- Harcleroad is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Oregon School of Law.
Doug Harcleroad cares about victims:
- Harcleroad created the Child Advocacy Center, a safe place where legal proceedings for abused children are conducted.
- Harcleroad helped found the Domestic Violence Council.
- Harcleroad developed the Victim Services Program to assist crime victims.
(This information furnished by Doug Harcleroad for District