Occupational Background: Chief Operating Officer, Oregon based software company; Partner, West Coast law firm
Educational Background: J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law; B.A., University of Virginia
Prior Governmental Experience: First Lieutenant, U.S. Army
Community Involvement: President, Learning for Life, Cascade Pacific Council – provides life skills training to underprivileged children
FRED GRANUM: A NEW LEADEROregonians are disenchanted with politics as usual. I offer fresh ideas and business skills with the conviction and leadership to make a difference. I am not a career politician. I am a business leader - ready to serve my state.
FRED GRANUM: MY APPROACH TO GOVERNMENTLast session, the legislature voted to increase taxes instead of controlling spending. That’s wrong. Oregon taxpayers need a leader who will cut waste to balance the budget. I’ll see that our government does more with what it has – and not raise taxes.
FRED GRANUM: MY PRIORITIESI am committed to fiscal responsibility, protecting the people’s voice and common-sense land use.
Fiscal responsibility means:
- Identifying and cutting waste to balance the budget
- Demanding fiscal accountability
- Running the Secretary of State’s office with small business efficiency
- Protecting the rights of all citizens to fairly access and use the ballot initiative process
- Ensuring fair elections and redistricting free of partisan politics
- Balancing the management and use of state lands and natural resources
FRED GRANUM: COMMON SENSE“After 19 years of Bill Bradbury in state government, it’s time for a change. I am an outsider who will bring independent business experience and leadership to government. I will cut waste – not raise taxes – to restore fiscal responsibility and credibility to state government. I would be honored with your vote.”
www.fredgranum2004.com(This information furnished by Friends of Fred Granum.)