Occupational Background: Teacher, 26 years at BMCC, 4 years high school; small business owner; co-owner family farm.
Educational Background: BS, MS, Montana State University.
Prior Governmental Experience: Oregon State Representative 1997-present. Eastern Oregon Regional Airport Commissioner 88-96. Pendleton Transportation Plan Advisory Member 95-96. Delegate to White House Conference on Families, 80. Veteran, USAF 50-54.
Personal: Raised on a ranch; Married to Evelyn; 4 grown children, 9 grandchildren; 4 great grandchildren.
EXPERIENCED AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVEI have served on the following committees
- Chair of House Water 03
- Chair of Interim Joint Salmon and Streams 01-02
- Chair of House Species Recovery and Streams Restoration 01, Vice Chair 99
- Member of House Judiciary 03
- Member of the Interim Joint Tax Reform. 03-04
- Member Interim Joint Natural Resources 01-02,
- Member of House Water and Environment 01
- Member of House Education 97 & 99
- Member of Human Services 97
PRIORITIES AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
- Education, K-college has been and continues to be my top priority. My record of support is unsurpassed, and I will continue this commitment.
- Children, seniors and the frail must not be left out. I will fight for their protection. Especially for affordable prescription drugs and health care.
- Agriculture and natural resource industries are vital to Oregons economic health, and this must be recognized by policy makers.
- Increasing living wage jobs for working Oregonians is essential for economic recovery. I have and will continue to work for living wages jobs for Oregonians
AS YOUR REPRESENTATIVEI have always worked to fulfill these priorities. In District 58 there is a strong tradition of working together across party lines to achieve solutions. I will continue to carry this tradition to Salem. To do this I need your vote.
(This information furnished by the Committee to Re-Elect Bob Jenson.)