Occupation: Motel Owner
Occupational Background: Small business owner; Administration, county government and school district.
Educational Background: Pacific University, Portland State University, BS Business Administration; Hood River High.
Prior Governmental Experience: Contracting officer and facilities manager for Evergreen School District, Vancouver, WA and Washington County, OR. Tillamook County, Nestucca Rural Fire Protection District Budget committees; Pacific City Joint Water & Sanitary Authority Board.
DOUG OLSON FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE
A LEADER WE ARE PROUD TO CALL OUR OWN.
- Owned his own business in college and for past 11 years.
- Very familiar with government practices, procedures and budgets.
- Understands business issues including insurance, budgets, and how to operate efficiently.
- Met a payroll for 11 years.
Doug Olson: Involved in the coastal community.
Born, raised and educated in Oregon, Doug Olson is married and has three
grown children. He has worked tirelessly for our community, serving on boards,
commissions, committees in both public and private sectors, including 9 years
on Chamber of Commerce Board.
Doug Olson: Understanding our issues.
- Support for basic industries: Stabilizing our basic industries of fishing, dairy farming, forest products, agriculture and tourism.
- Support for managing our timberlands: A balanced use approach of our forests, including planned harvests.
- Support for jobs: Preserve and create jobs helping solve social and economic illsNOT NEW TAXES.
- Support for Oregons heritage of open government: Protect a citizen legislature, the initiative process and local control.
Endorsed by: J.L. Wilson, National Federation
of Independent Business
I understand our part of Oregon. I will represent all of us from Warrenton to Neskowin to the western parts of Columbia and Washington Counties. You will hear me, see me and find me available and easy to talk with. Doug Olson
(This information furnished by Douglas S. Olson.)