Occupation: General Contractor and small business owner
Occupational Background: Heavy equipment operator, Hampton Affiliates
Educational Background: Graduate Dallas High School, Attended Chemeketa Community College
Prior Governmental Experience: None
Community Involvement: Kids Inc., Church Programs and activitiesMy wife Debby and I have lived in Polk County most of our lives, raised our two adult children here and have been married for 34 years.
Professional Experience: Ran a successful business as a general contractor for 15 years.
Effectively and successfully:
- Planned and made business decisions
- Guided customers though the permit process
- Secured most cost effective quality materials for each bid
My experience will transfer into making the right public policy decisions and help me to successfully manage county affairs. I will always seek input from you.
I look forward to working with the other commissioners to maintain all county assets; keeping our county beautiful, safe and solvent.
- Working with state and federal agencies on county issues
- Gaining revenue for county programs
- Availability of timber for harvest, timber taxes equal school funding
- Funding infrastructure projects that create jobs
- Fair land use decisions that reflect the citizens will
- collaborating with county farmers to address their issues
- Assist with soil and water conservation matters
I will strive to make decisions that reflect your will for Polk County and to allocate tax dollars wisely. Thank you for your vote!
(This information furnished by Bailey for Commissioner.)