Occupation: State Representative; Attorney
Occupational Background: Business Attorney
Educational Background: Stanford, Harvard Law School
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative, 2009-present
BRENT BARTON FOR STATE SENATE
Leadership that works.
"I am proud to support Brent Barton to be our next
Retiring Senator Rick Metsger
As a third-generation Oregonian and grandson of a logger, Brent Barton understands our communities, our history and our values. As an attorney specializing in solving complex business problems and resolving disputes, Brent understands our economy and how to make it work better. And as our state Representative, Brent has made a real difference for Oregon's hard-working families.
Focusing on the Economy
- Extended unemployment benefits for out-of-work Oregonians.
- Sped up construction projects to jumpstart Oregon jobs, including the $100 million Highway 212/224 Project in our community.
- Passed alternative energy legislation to strengthen Oregon's clean energy economy.
Better Education for a Better Future
- Protected school funding during the recession.
- Sponsored legislation to help families pay for college.
"Rural communities and agriculture are an
important part of our economy. Brent always has an open
door and understands our issues."
Robert E. Evatt - Nursery Owner
Controlling Health Care Costs and Protecting Seniors
- Protected Project Independence, which helps seniors stay in their homes.
- Required health insurance companies to justify rate hikes.
Protecting Our Community
- Enhanced enforcement of the sex offenders who victimize children.
- Strengthened consumer protections to hold banks and credit card companies accountable for their unscrupulous business practices.
- Improved access to education, health benefits and job opportunities for our returning troops.
"One of Barton's biggest assets is his desire
to listen to his constituents."
The Damascus/Boring Observer, 12/09
"Have a good idea for Oregon? Need help with a problem? Let me hear from you at www.votebrentbarton.com or call me at 503-659-5111. Thanks for the opportunity to earn your vote." - Brent
(This information furnished by Friends of Brent Barton.)