Occupation: Junction City Mayor; Park Specialist
Occupational Background: Farmer
Educational Background: Associate of Science, Linn-Benton Community College, 1984
Prior Governmental Experience: Junction City Council, 2000 to present; Junction City Budget Committee, 1999 to 2000; Area Commission on Transportation for Lane County, 2009 to present; Lane County Mayor's Association, 2007 to present; Lane Council of Governments Board of Directors, 2005 to 2007; LCOG Region 2050 Project, 2002 to 2006; Oregon Seed Growers League, 1984 to 1998; Oregon Fescue Commission, 1992 to 1998
He's Working for You!
As Mayor of Junction City, Dwight fought hard to secure a new state hospital and prison, along with hundreds of family wage jobs to our community. Dwight did this by putting people first. As your State Representative, Dwight will put YOU ahead of politics!
As a farmer Dwight knows how hard it is for families to make ends meet. Dwight's plan for jobs includes:
- Real tax reform that puts more money into working families and family businesses.
- Reduce capital gains for Oregon investors who will provide real job growth and direct investments into our community.
- Lottery investment in Community College vocational/technical training and workforce development programs to get our people back to work!
Dwight knows that high crime is killing our community. Dwight will fight to:
- Restore cuts to law enforcement and crime prevention.
- Fully fund our jails and prisons.
- Stop the early release of violent criminals!
Dwight believes an affordable quality education at all levels is essential to the future of our families. Dwight will work to:
- Provide full classroom funding for our children's education.
- Stop cutting the funding to our universities and community colleges.
- Keep the promise our legislature made 20 years ago and provide a stable and adequate way to pay for our schools!
State Representative, District 14
Putting PEOPLE Ahead of Politics!
(This information furnished by Friends of Dwight Coon.)