Occupation: Owner; Custom Construction Services
Occupational Background: Owner; Custom Construction Services; Sales Representative; Scott Paper Company; Superintendent; Sweeney Construction
Educational Background: Bachelor of Science (Chemistry); Purdue University, 1975
Prior Governmental Experience: City Councilman; Middlepoint, Ohio, United States ARMY Military Police
I've lived in Canby for the past 22 years and in Oregon for over 31 years. My wife Juanita and I have built a life for ourselves grounded in hard work, diligence, and commitment to our values. I have been a general contractor and small business owner building homes and structures all across this great State. I'm a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the Oregon Bass Federation.
- I believe job growth is the most pressing issue facing Oregon and is priority one.
- I will work to bring practical and sustainable industrial and commercial growth to provide living wage jobs for Oregonians by removing institutional obstructions.
- I believe educational budgetary priorities need to be focused back to the classroom, placing the success of our students ahead of all other priorities.
- I will work to create the "gold standard" for early childhood education in Oregon.
- I will support and advocate for better medical services and employment opportunities for veterans.
- I will protect the most vulnerable in our society.
I believe as a successful entrepreneur in business, I have the knowledge, determination, and experience to focus Oregon's future towards a path of robust economic growth and job creation. My focus and commitment remains with the people and their needs will come first.
Oregon is like a house. It requires a detailed blueprint to enable the strength of the structure. The blueprint for Oregon is to ensure job growth, enhance education, and generate opportunity for all Oregonians. If we build a strong foundation in these areas, we will create stability and prosperity for today and tomorrow.
We have the plans and we're ready to build, so let's get to work!
(This information furnished by Alan Olsen for Oregon Senate Committee.)