Occupation: Internet Business Owner, Investor
Occupational Background: Histologist
Educational Background: BA, Speech Communications, Walla Walla College
Prior Governmental Experience: None
"We hold these truths to be self-evident…" The Declaration of Independence embodies the idea that liberty is inalienable. Our rights are not given to us by government, but endowed upon us by our Creator.
Unfortunately the Constitution is being subverted in Washington. The plan of limited government created by the founding fathers has been replaced by a huge government bureaucracy with unbounded powers.
- There should be no invasion of foreign countries, other than in urgent cases of imminent attack, without a declaration of war by Congress.
- The government should have only enough money to meet its Constitutional obligations and the budget should be balanced.
- As a nation we should keep all our promises to American citizens, especially with regard to the looming funding crisis in Social Security and Medicare.
- To stop inflation and economic decline, our currency should be backed by gold. The long term decline in the dollar, evidenced by oil over $100 per barrel and rising prices on everything imposes huge inflationary tax on personal savings and defined pension benefits.
- The military in Iraq should be trained as quickly as possible to take over security so as to expedite the drawdown and return home of American forces.
- Public education is made stronger by empowering parents and teachers, and by school choice, not by bureaucracy, regulation, and billions of dollars from the federal government.
Republicans will win back control of Congress when we stand by our principles, against wasteful spending, pork, and corruption, and in favor of low taxes, smaller government, and economic growth. I pledge to fight for these principles and not be corrupted by Washington. William Chappell.
(This information furnished by Chappell for Congress.)