Occupation: Attorney at Law (private practice) 1982 to present; Judge pro tem 1995 to date in Crook, Jefferson & Deschutes Counties.
Occupational Background: Attorney at Law; Judge pro tem and Hearings Officer; Local Counsel for Les Schwab Tires 1988 to 1990; Special Deputy DA for Crook County; Court Appointed Criminal Defense Attorney 1982 to 1998.
Educational Background: BA in Economics from Reed College 1979; JD cum laude from Lewis & Clark Law School 1982.
Prior Governmental Experience: None
- Founding Board Member - Ronald McDonald House of Central Oregon
- Mental Health Commitment Judge (volunteer)
- AYSO Soccer Coach (Prineville)
- Crook County Parks & Rec Basketball Coach (boys and girls)
- Crook County High School Mock Trials Team Mentor
- Regional High School Mock Trials Judge
- Crook County High School Mentor in Criminal Justice class
- Member and Chairman of Central Oregon Indigent Defense Committee
- Continuing legal education instructor for Legal Secretaries Association
26 year resident of Prineville
Married to Robin Chappell
Raised 4 children in Prineville
Attend Powell Butte Christian Church
As your District Attorney, I will bring
- EXPERIENCE as a trial attorney, pro tem judge and appellate attorney
- A STRONG WORK ETHIC
- AN OPEN DOOR for citizens concerns
- COMMON SENSE and a
- KNOWLEDGE OF OUR COMMUNITY
to the job in an effort to serve the people of Crook County.
HONEST. TOUGH, BUT FAIR.
ELECT STEVE CHAPPELL AS YOUR DISTRICT ATTORNEY
(This information furnished by Friends of Steven K. Chappell.)