Occupation: State Representative; Environmental Planning Consultant.
Occupational Background: Consultant; Program Manager, For the Sake of the Salmon; Tualatin River Watershed Coordinator.
Educational Background: Masters of Regional Planning, University of North Carolina; B.A., UCLA.
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative 2001 - Present; Energy and Environment (Chair), Agriculture and Natural Resources, Judiciary, and Transportation committees.
Community Experience: Hollywood Senior Center Board; SMART Reader Volunteer; Oregon Hunger Relief Task Force; Planned Parenthood Board.
"Jackie is an effective Oregon leader and the environmental conscience of the legislature." — Governor John Kitzhaber
CHAMPION FOR EDUCATION
- Successfully fought for an 18% increase in our education budget.
- Helped create Oregon's first rainy day fund.
- Pushed for more money for higher education.
"Jackie works hard for our schools - and she has delivered." —Kate Raphael, Public Education Advocate
FIGHTING FOR AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE AND SENIORS
- Supports universal health care for all Oregonians and passed legislation to begin that process.
- Voted for investments in quality home care for Oregon seniors and children.
- Advocated for lower prescription drug costs for low-income seniors.
PROTECTING OREGON'S ENVIRONMENT
- Recognized environmental leader.
- Chief sponsor of Oregon's Renewable Energy Bill and Climate Change Integration Act.
- Created statewide computer recycling program and expanded the Bottle Bill.
- Passed legislation to stop exploitive payday lending.
- Advocated for subprime mortgage reform.
Ben Cannon, State Representative; Jeff Cogen, Multnomah County Commissioner; Hardy Myers, Attorney General;
Oregon League of Conservation Voters;
Portland Association of Teachers; Basic Rights Oregon PAC;
NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon; Stand for Children; SEIU;
Community Leaders: Kathy Fuerstenau, Lee Po Cha Katie Larsell, Paul Leistner, Dawn Rasmussen, Scott Pratt
I am honored to have served the eastside for four terms as state representative. I ask for your vote now for the Oregon State Senate so that I can continue working to improve our schools, protect our environment, and advocate for working families. Sincerely,
(This information furnished by Friends of Jackie Dingfelder.)