Occupation: Founder & CEO, high-tech research firm.
Occupational Background: Business consultant.
Educational Background: M.S. Public Affairs, University of Oregon; B.A., M.A., University of Southern California; Hillsboro High School.
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative 2007 - present; member, Joint Ways & Means Committee; ex-officio member, Oregon Economic & Community Development Commission.
Community involvement: Chair, Hillsboro 2020 Vision Task Force; member, Greater Hillsboro Area Chamber of Commerce.
Personal: Age: 41; married high school sweetheart, Brookwood Elementary teacher; two children.
Good Thinking. Real Accomplishments.
David Edwards is a leader with fresh ideas for the challenges we face. An independent-minded progressive, he works across party lines to put good ideas to work. For example, he helped create Oregon's first Rainy Day Fund to bring fiscal discipline to Salem.
As our State Representative, David has helped…
- Create more good-paying jobs by making smart investments in transportation and alternative energy as well as securing $7 million in lottery-backed bonds for a critical downtown Hillsboro redevelopment project.
- Put more money in the classroom, allowing the Hillsboro School District to lower the student-teacher ratio district-wide.
- Make health care more affordable by expanding the Oregon Prescription Drug Program and giving the Insurance Commissioner the authority to stop price gauging.
- Cut government waste by investing in aggressive audits of state agencies and a new management consultant SWAT team for streamlining government services.
- Preserve our natural environment by expanding the 'Bottle Bill' and supporting a number of innovative alternative energy and climate change initiatives.
- Reduce crime by enacting harsher sentences for Internet predators and investing in 24/7 State Trooper coverage on our state highways.
David grew up in Hillsboro and has a record of results on community issues that matter. That's why he's supported by a broad coalition of business, labor and community leaders.
Mayor Cheri Olson
Mayor Tom Hughes
Former Mayor Gordon Faber
Former Mayor Shirley Huffman
(This information furnished by Friends of David Edwards.)