Occupation: Homemaker/ Volunteer
Occupational Background: Small business; Legal Assistant; Federal Highway Administration
Educational Background: Continuing Legal Education; Portland State University; Clackamas High
Prior Governmental Experience: Precinct Committeeperson; State Representative; Chair, House Education Committee; House Judiciary Committee; House Health Care Committee; Oregon Child Care Commission; Hanford Cleanup Board; Governor's Literacy Task Force
EXPERIENCE WE CAN TRUST
- Linda has spent the past four decades raising a family, working and serving the people of our community.
Jack Westfall, 85-year old Clackamas Resident & Business Owner
DEDICATED TO LEARNING
- Education excellence is more than a sound bite for Linda; she's a SMART reading volunteer a local elementary school.
- She currently leads the effort to prevent students from being abused.
- College and workforce readiness are two new initiatives for Linda.
"Over the years, Linda has watched local schools grow. She understands the challenges we face and has worked very hard to help every child succeed."
Lee Merrick, School Board Director, North Clackamas School District
PROTECTING THE PUBLIC
- Tougher sentences for drug dealers and repeat property offenders are key for Linda.
- She heads a work group to crack down on driving without a valid license.
- Linda is trying to enhance safety when criminally insane patients move into neighborhoods.
"I am continually impressed with Linda's commitment to the interests of Clackamas County citizens; she passionately represents our concerns on the State level."
Paul "P.J." Steigleder II, Sheriff's Lieutenant, Happy Valley, OR
OTHER TOP PRIORITIES FOR LINDA
- Restricting benefits and state identification for illegal immigrants.
- Investing in roads, especially the Sunrise Corridor.
- Providing families with affordable, quality child care.
- Seeking creative solutions for increased access to health care.
- Preserving private property rights with sound land use decisions.
(This information furnished by Friends of Linda Flores.)