Occupation: State Representative; Teacher, Portland Community College.
Occupational Background: Communication Consultant.
Educational Background: Doctoral candidate, Portland State University; M.A., San Francisco State University; B.A., UC Berkeley.
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative 2005 - present; Chair, Ways & Means Education Subcommittee; Ways & Means Committee; Consumer Protection; General Government Subcommittee. Appointed to: School District Best Business Practices Advisory Committee; Joint Special Committee on Public Education Appropriations; Advisory Committee on Genetic Privacy and Research. House Revenue and General Government; Tigard Parks Task Force.
RE-ELECT LARRY GALIZIO
INDEPENDENT LEADERSHIP THAT'S CHANGING OREGON
"As Chair of the Budget Committee for public education, Larry fought for the most significant reinvestment in Oregon's classrooms in over a decade." Alan J. Spencer, President, Tigard - Tualatin Education Association
- Led the effort to add over 3,200 Oregon children to Head Start.
- Doubled the financial aid for Oregonians attending college.
- Strengthened performance measures and accountability for public education.
Endorsed by American Federation of Teachers-Oregon and
Oregon Education Association
"Representative Galizio understands the needs of our community and is a strong and effective advocate for small business." Patrick Burke, Small Business Owner
- Championed Oregon's first Rainy Day Savings Fund.
- Supported renewable energy standards establishing Oregon as a national leader in alternative energy innovation.
- Sponsored legislation to increase standards for loan originators and transparency for consumers.
- Strengthened laws to crack down on predatory payday and title loans.
"Representative Galizio always works to keep our community safe." Glen Scruggs, President, Tigard Police Officers' Association.
- Sponsored legislation to combat internet sexual predators.
- Led the fight against identity theft by allowing Oregonians to freeze their credit reports and requiring timely notification when security breeches occur.
- Fought to increase State Police funding and place over 100 troopers on the roads.
Endorsed by Tigard Police Officers' Association, Oregon Nurses Association, Oregon School Employees Association, Oregon AFSCME Council 75, SEIU Local 503, OPEU
(This information furnished by Friends of Larry Galizio.)