Occupation: Nursery Owner/Manager, 1979-present
Occupational Background: Founder, Northwoods and One Green World Nurseries, Molalla
Educational Background: BA, Portland State University
Prior Governmental Experience: Chair, Molalla Community Planning Organization
STANDING UP FOR OREGON VALUES
Pioneers were drawn to Oregon by the promise of fertile land and the opportunity to build a new society.
Jim Gilbert will fight to:
- Give all Oregon children the opportunity for success provided by a first class education.
- Make sure Oregon farms and businesses have skilled employees so they can grow and expand.
- Strengthen our system of higher education to provide the research and support needed by our farms and businesses.
- Create good-paying jobs for Oregonians and opportunities for Oregon businesses and farmers.
Oregon has set an example for the nation with innovative policies and independent thinking.
Jim Gilbert is working to:
- Promote wind, solar, bio-diesel, and other innovative methods of energy production.
- Achieve energy independence by reducing the need for foreign oil.
- Return independent and effective government to Oregon by reducing the influence of out-of-state corporations and special interest groups on our political process.
Oregonians demand justice and fairness for all our citizens.
- Helped lead the fight to find a fair solution to protecting our farm and forest land.
- Will work to protect our farmers and small businesses from unfair and unreasonable regulations.
- Will fight to ensure that all Oregon children are treated fairly by having access to affordable and effective health care.
Jim Gilbert has been a successful Oregon farmer and small business owner for over 28 years. Jim's business and budgeting experience will be an asset for Oregon.
LET'S PUT JIM TO WORK FOR US IN SALEM!
(This information furnished by Friends of Jim Gilbert.)