Occupation: Lane County Commissioner
Occupational Background: Real estate mortgage lender, sales manager
Educational Background: University of Oregon, BA
Prior Governmental Experience: Lane County Commissioner (1995-present); Eugene City Councilor (1989-1995); City of Eugene Human Rights Commission; National Association of Counties Justice and Public Safety Steering Committee; National Association of Counties Juvenile Crime Prevention Advisory Committee Chair; County Commission on Children and Families; Association of Oregon Counties, President
Community Service: Lane County Convention and Visitors Association Board; Olympic Trials Committee; Eugene- Springfield NAACP Community Response Chair; Convention and Visitor's Association of Lane County Board; Eugene- Springfield NAACP, Community Response Chair; Boys and Girls Club Founding Member; Order of the O; Marist Coach
Since moving here from New Orleans in 1972, I've committed myself to community service and participated in many of our community's moments of progress. Recently, I proudly helped bring the Olympic Trials to Eugene. In the coming years, I'm dedicated to ensuring Lane County advances its quality of life.
Count on me to work on:
- Stabilizing the budget so we can plan for the future instead of responding in crisis
- Ensuring that residents can depend on the county for Public Safety services.
- Reducing the epidemic of meth-related crimes.
- Continuing to champion the human rights and dignity of all citizens.
- Creating living wage jobs.
- Increasing the County's economic vitality by promoting our natural surroundings.
- Expanding our parks and open spaces.
- Implementing robust, safe transportation systems for the entire county.
With my re-election, Lane County residents will be able to rely on my experience, knowledge of the system, and leadership to build a strong, vital and proud community. Endorsements include: Lane County DA Doug Harcleroad; Lane County Sheriff Russ Burger; County Commissioners Faye Stewart and Bill Dwyer; Alex Gardner; Jennifer Solomon; Lloyd Zimmer; Melissa Zimmer
Paid for and authorized by Re-elect Lane County Commissioner Bobby Green Committee, PO 1954, Eugene, OR 97440
(This information furnished by Re-elect Lane County Commissioner Bobby Green Committee.)