Occupational Background: Partner, Stoel Rives LLP; Clerk, U.S. District Court for Oregon; Clerk, U.S. Attorney's Office Southern Dist., New York; Program Analyst, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency; U.S. Peace Corps
Educational Background: JD, Stanford Law School; M Phil (Politics), Oxford University; BA, Harvard College
Prior Governmental Experience: 1987-1995, Member, Portland School Board - Chair four times; 1981, Counsel, Oregon House Judiciary committee
Community Involvement: Volunteer Instructor, Lincoln High School course on U.S. Constitution; Board of Directors, Oregon League of Conservation Voters; Speaker, Oregon Law Institute; Governing Council, The Wilderness Society; Coach, Oregon Youth Soccer Association
Family: Married to Chris for 26 years. Son and daughter
GRIFFITH ON THE ISSUES
"Let's build consensus, celebrate differences and tackle tough issues together." Steve Griffith
- Stable and adequate funding, kindergarten through college;
- Skilled teachers who believe in children;
- More hours of instruction.
Good Economy and Environment
- Pragmatic conservation: Manage natural resources to achieve environmental goals as well as smart business growth;
- Attract and grow renewable energy businesses;
- Guarantee Oregon's water quality and supply for the next century.
- Capitalize on Oregon's outdoors;
- Focus on wellness programs to prevent illness, disease and addiction;
- Address health problems early, when treatment is effective for patients and cost effective for providers.
- Make Secretary of State non-partisan;
- Open primary elections to all voters;
- Set maximum six month legislative sessions.
"There is a role for responsible government made up of legislators who show integrity, independence and grit - just like most Oregonians." Steve Griffith
(This information furnished by Steve Griffith for Oregon House.)