Occupation: Wasco County Commissioner
Occupational Background: Mayor, Administrator Southern Wasco County Ambulance Service, Secretary
Educational Background: Tygh Valley and Maupin Grade Schools; Wasco County Union and Sandy High Schools; Oregon State Certified Emergency Medical Technician; Central Oregon College of Beauty, Leadership Mid-Columbia Graduate
Prior Governmental Experience: Seven Term Elected Mayor City of Maupin, Maupin City Council, US Senator Gordon Smith's City/County Council; Deschutes River Managers Committee
During my tenure as County Commissioner I have made a difference in Wasco County. I bring a rural perspective and a balance to the Court. If re-elected I will continue working to promote efforts to strengthen Wasco County's current partnerships while seeking and encouraging new opportunities for all of our residents.
Following are just some of the accomplishments my public service has helped achieve:
- Creating opportunities for economic development in Wasco County
- Working to keep library and extension services after major budget cuts
- Helped develop fire safety standards to protect our citizens
- Established working relationships with our rural cities and communities
- Supported efforts to continue to fund wildlife services
- Worked to find ways to replace lost road funding
- Been a very strong advocate for public safety in all areas of Wasco County
- Supported County efforts to move towards E-Government
I very much enjoy serving the citizens of Wasco County. I will continue to work hard on their behalf with the same dedication and integrity I have shown in the past 5 years. I would appreciate your support of me for another 4 years. No individual can solve every problem but together we can make a difference.
(This information furnished by Sherry Holliday.)