Occupation: Judge, Multnomah County Circuit Court
Occupational Background: Circuit Court Judge; District Court Judge; Deputy District Attorney; Juvenile Court Referee; Hearings Officer
Educational Background: Willamette University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1976; Willamette University, B.S., 1973
Prior Governmental Experience: Judge, Multnomah County Circuit and District Courts; Referee, Multnomah County Juvenile Court; Prosecutor, Multnomah County District Attorney's Office; Hearings Officer, Oregon Department of Revenue
Personal: Judge Loy is a third generation Oregonian born in Portland, Oregon. Judge Loy attended Jackson High School in Portland. He graduated from Willamette University and Willamette University College of Law in Salem. Judge Loy and his wife, Bette, have two children.
JUDGE LOY IS EXPERIENCED, COMPETENT, AND FAIR
- Judge Loy is a former Deputy District Attorney for the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office where he prosecuted criminal offenders and assisted crime victims.
- Judge Loy was a Referee in Juvenile Court handling cases involving abused and neglected children, and juvenile offenders.
JUDGE LOY STANDS FOR INTEGRITY
- Judge Loy is ever conscious that public office is a position of public trust.
JUDGE LOY IS COMMITTED TO HELPING FAMILIES AND PROTECTING CHILDREN
- Judge Loy has been protecting abused and neglected children since 1988.
- Judge Loy is currently assigned to Multnomah County's Family Court.
JUDGE LOY IS EXPERIENCED, RESPECTED AND FAIR
RETAIN JUDGE MICHAEL LOY
(This information furnished by Committee to Re-Elect Michael S. Loy.)