Occupation: Retired Small Business Owner
Occupational Background: Owner, Party Pros, Hillsboro; Foster Rentals, Portland; Supervisor, Armour Foods, Portland; Supervisor, Albers Mills, Portland.
Educational Background: Bachelors', California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, Animal Science (1971).
Prior Governmental Experience: None
Military: U.S. Army First Infantry Division, Reserve Captain.
Community Service: Oregon Rental Association, Vice President. Boy Scouts of America, Cub Master. Home Owners' Association, President.
Personal: Married to Nancy 35 years; two adult children; one grandchild.
Common Sense and Community
Common Sense Solutions
"Oregon faces many challenges. Solutions are not achieved and implemented through ideological and partisan battles. We can move Oregon forward through innovative approaches."
- Our transportation system must increase options for residents and business. Our future economic health depends on it.
- The regulatory and tax systems of Oregon must allow business to grow. That's how we make Oregon thrive and create jobs.
- New and increased regulations and taxes are not solutions, They add to the challenge.
"We'll meet our challenges best when we work together, science, business, labor and citizen at the table."
- Oregon should encourage energy development that is not dependent on imported oil, cellulosic biomass and solar are promising approaches.
- Policy development must not ignore the role of the average citizen. We're an innovative people and our views are worth inclusion in the process.
- Our current Representative ran as a moderate but voted Democrat-party line on every measure.
Committed to Community
- Active in leadership of trade organizations;
- Committed to multi-party governance of Oregon;
- Works across partisan and ideological divides.
Elect Andy Meyer
(This information furnished by Friends of Andy Meyer.)