Occupation: Veterinarian; Farmer; State Senator
Occupational Background: Veterinarian; Businessman; Farmer
Educational Background: Cornell University, B.A.; University of Illinois, B.S.; Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Prior Governmental Experience: State Senator since 2003; State Representative 1997-2003; Co-Chair, Joint Committee on Ways and Means 2003 - present; Canby Planning Commission 1981-1996Married to Martha 32 years, four children, Clare, Maren, Steven, Ryan
KURT SCHRADER FOR CONGRESS
Proven leadership. Our Priorities
As a farmer, veterinarian and small businessman, Kurt Schrader has been a leader of our community for over 20 years - working hard for his neighbors and standing up for what is most important for our future.
In the legislature, Kurt is Oregon's budget chief. He has fought successfully to:
- Support education from pre-K through higher education, personally delivering record levels of funding for our schools;
- Reform health care to make it accessible, affordable and of the highest quality;
- Find the balance that protects Oregon's scenic heritage and our vital natural resources and agricultural economy.
"Kurt is the legislature's champion of accountability and fiscal responsibility, insisting on measurable benchmarks to ensure that Oregon's spending matches Oregonians priorities."
Governor Ted KulongoskiAs our next Congressman, Kurt Schrader will:
- Team with Senator Wyden to deliver health care that covers all Americans;
- Work to close the Medicare prescription "doughnut hole" that puts medicine out of reach for many seniors and fully fund the federal health insurance plan for children;
- Bring our troops home from Iraq with honor and redirect that money into education, health care and our crumbling infrastructure;
- Make immediate educational investments in special education and Pell grants to make college more affordable for families;
- Continue Congresswoman Hooley's legacy in methamphetamine, identity theft and veteran's legislation to protect the citizens of Oregon;
- Bring his record of integrity, energy and change to Congress, where we really need it.
To learn more and see who is supporting Kurt Schrader,
(This information furnished by Kurt Schrader for Congress.)