Occupational Background: Farmer of sheep, llamas, horses, hay, 1988-2004; Fitness and Nutrition Instructor, College of Legal Arts, Portland, OR, 1998- 2004; Managed fitness facility, Kapaa, HI, 1998; Oregon State Police, 1964-1992 (retired.) Walt brings experience from within state government: 27 years service, beginning as state trooper, working up to State Police Academy Commander, Public Information/Media Coordinator, Management Audit, Professional Standards, Research and Development, Legislative Tracking. U.S. Navy, 1960-1964.
Educational Background: Clackamas Community College on G. I. Bill at night while working as a state trooper. Walt has 89 undergraduate hours and over 3100 actual hours in advanced management and Police training. Graduated Clackamas High School, 1960.
Prior Governmental Experience: Powell Butte Farmers Community Club Chairman, 2005; Budget Committee Chairman, Polk County SW Fire District, 1992; Governor's Employee Committee Vice Chair, 1991; Appointed by Governor Atiyeh to Council on Health, Fitness and Sports, 1985-1988; Department of Education Drug and Alcohol Advisory Committee, 1987-1988; First Oregon State Games Chairman, 1986.
- "I am a native Oregonian. Except for my years in the navy, I've lived and worked in Oregon all my life. I now live on 10 acres in Powell Butte with my wife, two horses, and three dogs.
- I have NO occupational conflicts of interest regarding land use.
- I believe we should add no further regulation of business unless absolutely necessary for the public good.
- Crook County should take a hard look at the way we spend our money, investing in our own infrastructure rather than sending your tax money to another county.
- I'm a strong supporter of animal management and support the efforts and practices of our own Humane Society of the Ochocos.
- I am an experienced administrator who will work hard to ensure that the citizens of Crook County have an efficient government. County services must meet the public need and provide good value for the tax dollars we invest.
I humbly and sincerely ask for your vote."
(This information furnished by Crook County Citizens for Walt Wagner Committee.)