Working Families (WFP)
Occupation: State Representative; Attorney
Occupational Background: Business Attorney
Educational Background: Stanford, Harvard Law School
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative, 2009-present; Oregon Criminal Justice Commission, 2009-present
BRENT BARTON FOR STATE SENATE
Leadership That Stands Up For Us
"Brent Barton has energy, an incredible work ethic and solid ideas for Oregon's economy and future. Brent is part of a new generation of leadership that will help take Oregon into a better future."
US Senator Ron Wyden
A third-generation Oregonian, Brent Barton grew up in small town Oregon, where people struggled just to get by. That's why he works so hard for our hard-working families.
Watching the Bottom Line
- Voted to cut 2 billion dollars in government spending and put all state spending online where the public can see it.
- Fought to reduce cuts to schools and other services we depend on.
- Opposes tax breaks for companies who ship Oregon jobs overseas.
Putting Oregon Back to Work
Brent works with Oregon businesses to solve complex problems and resolve disputes. He'll streamline bureaucracy and provide incentives to help small businesses succeed and add local jobs.
Protecting Our Communities and Kids
- Tougher prosecution and punishment for sex offenders who victimize children
- Fighting metal theft that fuels the drug trade.
- Endorsed by the Oregon Council of Police Associations.
"We can count on Brent Barton to help keep our communities and families safe."
Clackamas County District Attorney John Foote,
Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton
Defending Seniors and Veterans
- Protected Oregon Project Independence, which helps seniors live independently in their homes instead of being forced into expensive nursing homes.
- Improved access to education, health benefits and job opportunities for our returning troops.
Cracking Down on Financial Abuse
- Strengthened consumer protections against banks, credit card companies and collection agency harassment.
- Required insurance companies to justify rate increases.
"Thanks for the opportunity to earn your vote." - Brent
Learn more at www.votebrentbarton.com
(This information furnished by Friends of Brent Barton.)