Occupation: Proposal Manager, SAIC
Occupational Background: Colonel, United States Marine Corps (1973-2001).
Educational Background: B.S. Business Administration (Accounting) Oregon State University; M.A. U.S. Army Command and General Staff College; M.A. National Security and Strategic Studies Naval War College
Prior Governmental Experience: (selected): Military Assistant to the Secretary of the Navy; Planning Commission (Member), City of Ashland; Jackson County Veterans Advisory Council (Chair)
Republican Party and Independent Party nominee for Oregon Senate District 3
As your Senator, I will focus on the three main concerns of Oregonians:
Problem. As bad as unemployment is in Oregon, it's worse in Jackson County.
- Create sensible policies to retain existing companies and attract new ones
- Reduce excessive regulations to help create a businessfriendly environment
- Harvest timber at sustainable levels
Problem. Oregon ranks 37th nationally. Education funding is unpredictable and inconsistent.
- Stabilize funding Make education funding a higher priority
- Reduce bureaucracy to increase money available for the classroom
- Improve higher educational opportunities to better fit employment needs
Controlling State Spending
Problem: Over the last two budgets, state spending is up 46% although general and lottery revenue is up only 15%: Oregon has a spending problem, not a revenue problem. We cannot fund everything or continue to do business as usual.
- Prioritize government services and fund accordingly
- Incorporate long-term planning into the budgeting process
- Bring government employment, salaries and benefits into line with the private sector
It is time to replace incumbents who have created Oregon's problems with individuals like Dave Dotterrer who will work for all Oregonians to provide essential state services within available state resources. We need new direction and new leadership to put our State on the right path.
Greg Walden, US Representative for Oregon's Second District; State Representative Dennis Richardson; Roger Beyer, AG-PAC Chairman; Associated Oregon Industries; CommonSense For Oregon PAC; National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) / Oregon.
(This information furnished by Citizens For Dave Dotterrer.)