Occupation: Small Business Owner
Occupational Background: Co-Owner, Data Decypher, Owner, Lago De Chapala
Educational Background: Yamhill Grade School; Sheridan High School; West Valley Academy.
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative, 2009-present.
Community Service: Youth Athletic Coach; Marriage Class Instructor, Newberg Christian Church.
Jim Weidner: A Record of Standing Up to Powerful Politicians
Jim Weidner understands that Oregon families are suffering and small businesses are struggling. As your State Representative, he strongly opposed raising taxes and fees during a recession:
- Opposed raising gas taxes and registration fees on Oregon families.
- Fought against the new insurance tax that is making health care more expensive.
- Voted no to higher income taxes and to new job-killing taxes on small business.
- Jim stood up against $1.6 billion in new tax and fee increases, and $8 billion in new government spending.
“Powerful politicians want to silence Jim Weidner because he fought against higher taxes and unsustainable spending. Jim shares my values. He’ll never back down to the partisan politicians who’ve taken our state down the wrong track.”
- Jack Bernards, Independent
Jim Weidner: Jobs and Prosperity
Jim Weidner believes our state needs a strong private sector to put Oregonians back to work. Jim will support policies to help small businesses, and will prioritize your tax dollars to protect vital programs and services. Jim supports:
- Providing incentives to businesses that create jobs in Oregon, and reforming a state bureaucracy that stifles job-creation.
- Funding schools first, and promoting more educational opportunities for children and parents.
- Reforming Oregon’s health care bureaucracy to make coverage more affordable.
“Jim Weidner was born and raised in Yamhill County, and has dedicated himself to helping and coaching local kids. He’ll continue to be a strong voice for families and our small businesses.”
- Ray Horowitz, McMinnville Hearth and BBQ
Taxpayers Association of Oregon
Oregon Small Business Association
National Federation of Independent Business/Oregon
Oregon Farm Bureau
Oregon Anti-Crime Alliance PAC
(This information furnished by Citizens for Jim Weidner.)