Working Families (WFP)
Occupation: State Representative; Small Business Owner
Occupational Background: Director, CASA of Central Oregon; Family Law Attorney
Educational Background: University of Oregon, B.S., 1975; Northwestern School of Law, J.D., 1978
Prior Governmental Experience: Bend-La Pine School Board; Oregon State Board of Education; National Association of State Boards of Education; Oregon Government Ethics Commission.
Keep Her Working For Bend
Keeping Bend Open For Business
The recession hit local families especially hard. Judy’s top priority is to create jobs and protect small businesses. She knows government needs to tighten its belt just like our families do.
- Voted to cut government spending by $2 billion.
- Stopped the proposed beer tax because it would have hurt local breweries.
- Fought to increase available capital for local businesses and cut red tape for start-up business financing.
- Supports capital gains cuts for reinvestment in Oregon businesses.
- Supports auditing government agencies to eliminate waste.
Bringing People Together For Common Sense Solutions
Judy understands what makes Bend a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. She knows we can have a strong economy and a clean environment if we work together.
- Preserved wildlife habitat and recreation on the Skyline Forest while creating jobs through sustainable timber harvests.
- Supports creating jobs by retrofitting our schools and public buildings to make them more energy efficient.
Standing Up for Bend
Judy has spent a lifetime fighting for quality education, public safety, and protection for our children.
- Stopped Salem politicians from closing OSU Cascades.
- Secured increased funding for COCC.
- Demanded stronger enforcement and training on childabuse reporting laws.
- Expanded healthcare for 80,000 children.
- Will continue to protect funding for K-12 schools.
U.S. Senator Ron Wyden
Oregon State Fire Fighters Council
Oregon Anti-Crime Alliance PAC
Oregon State Police Officers Association/Trooper PAC
Oregon Council of Police Associations
Oregon Nurses Association
Oregon Building Trades Council
Stand for Children
Oregon Small Business For Responsible Leadership
(This information furnished by State Representative Judy Stiegler.)