Occupation: business development specialist
Occupational Background: electronics design; manufacturing; financial management; public service
Educational Background: Dartmouth College; public schools
Prior Governmental Experience: chair: NASA industry advisory council; consumer advocate: Oregon Construction Contractors Board; Portland Environmental Services Director; chair: Portland Private Industry Council
- co-chair, Joint Ways and Means Committee
- chair, Women’s Investment Network PAC
- co-chair, Pro-Choice Caucus
- Land Use and Environment Committees
- Stable Schools Task Force
- Task Force on Senior Services
Nolan delivered hundreds of millions more for education.
- New classrooms, laboratories and libraries for community colleges and universities around Oregon.
- Doubled Headstart funding.
- Money to stabilize K-12 schools and begin re-building academic programs.
Nolan is an astute, effective environmental steward.
- Expanded pollution control programs, scientific research, and alternative energy development.
- Helped protect land use laws through Measure 49 last fall.
Nolan steadfastly defends civil liberties.
- Led strategy that defeated every anti-abortion bill.
- Sponsored bill to create civil unions.
Nolan helped protect services for low-income seniors.
- Sustained services provided by Oregon Project Independence.
- Sponsored Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program.
Nolan stood for affordable health care, and she made a difference.
- Expanded funding for family planning programs.
- Sponsored law to control prescription costs in Oregon Health Plan
I enjoy representing SW Portland in the legislature and cherish the opportunity I’ve had to meet many people around this district. Together, we have begun to put Oregon back on track, and I am anxious to do more. I hope I have earned your support and your vote again!
Proven Leadership. Real Solutions.
(This information furnished by Mary Nolan.)