Occupation: Executive Director, Oregon School Personnel Association; Faculty, Lewis and Clark College.
Occupational Background: Assistant Superintendent & Human Resource DirectorGresham-Barlow School District
Educational Background: Doctoral Program, Portland State University; Master's, Central Washington University; Bachelor's, Gonzaga University
Prior Governmental Experience: City Councilor and Budget Committee Chair, Estacada.
Jim Buck for State Representative
Instead of the same old politics, a proven community voice.
Jim BuckMaking a Difference as a Community and Education Leader:
- Led the creation of the Center for Advanced Learning
- Created Gresham-Barlow's and Centennial's Safe Schools Program
- Spearheaded Gresham's SUN School program to increase student success and family involvement.
- Chairs East County Caring Committee; board member, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon; volunteer: Nature Conservancy, Red Cross, Portland State University.
"Jim's not a politician, but someone who's rolled up his sleeves to make a real difference for our schools and our families. That's what will turn the legislature around."
Mary McSwain and Hiroshi Morihara
Jim BuckOn Our Side
- More Accountability: Jim will close corporate tax loopholes that put a heavier burden on working families, set clear priorities and hold government accountable for results.
- Jobs and Health Care: Create the right jobs with wages that support families and health coverage to protect them.
- A Real Champion for our Schools: Jim helped win $3 million for our schools, making them safer for our kids. He will ensure that tax dollars go into the classroom.
- Safe Communities: Stable funding for police to combat methamphetamine and gangs.
- End Partisan Gridlock: Jim will be a voice for common sense, bringing people together to develop smarter solutions just as he has done for 19 years in Gresham.
JUST SOME OF JIM'S ENDORSEMENTS:
Oregon State Fire Fighters Council
Oregon Council of Police Associations
Sheriffs of Oregon
Oregon Business Association
Oregonians for Schools
Oregon Association For Retired Citizens
Visit www.votejimbuck.com to
many community endorsements!
(This information furnished by Friends of Jim Buck.)