Occupation: Chief Financial Officer/Principal, MCM Project Management LLC; Owner/ Manager Caton & Associates LLC, Tax Services; Adjunct Professor of Business George Fox University
Occupational Background: Program Manager, Lockheed Martin Northwest Data Center; Operations Manager, US Bank Investments
Educational Background: BA and MBA George Fox University
Prior Governmental Experience: None
Community Service: Volunteer leader with Columbia-Willamette United Way
Professional Credentials: Certified Business Manager, Licensed Tax Consultant
WHAT HAS OREGON'S TREASURER REALLY DONE
THE LAST FOUR YEARS?
UNDER HIS LEADERSHIP
- PERS has gone into crisis mode.
- The Oregon College Savings Plan lost millions of dollars for our children's education.
- Ignored for 10 months the Diana Goldschmidt $300 million dollar conflict of interest at the Oregon Investment Council.
IT'S TIME FOR A POSITIVE CHANGE
IN OREGON LEADERSHIP
A PROFESSIONAL MONEY MANAGER FOR OREGON
As a small business owner with a family to support, I know how hard you work for your money and believe every tax dollar should be professionally managed in Salem. As Oregon's Treasurer, I'll apply the sound principles of professional money management used by businesses to manage our state tax dollars.
Among my plans for Oregon's treasury:
- Implement sound business principles in the management of state resources.
- Increase the return on investment of the Common School Fund to maximize educational opportunities for Oregon's children.
- Expand sound investment choices for Oregonian's college savings program allowing parents to create the program that works best for them.
- Implement a sound management approach on the State Land Board that will wisely balance stewardship of Oregon's natural resources.
I'm a professional money manager, not a politician, with a passionate vision of a positive and powerful Oregon. That's why I'm running for State Treasurer. With your help and support, I believe we can make positive changes that truly address Oregon's financial needs and future.
(This information furnished by Jeff Caton.)