Occupation: State Representative; Environmental Planning and Policy Consultant.
Occupational Background: Program Manager, For the Sake of the Salmon; Watershed Coordinator; Environmental Planner.
Educational Background: Masters of Regional Planning, University of North Carolina; B.A., University of California, Los Angeles.
Prior Governmental Experience: State Representative 2001 - Present; House Interim Transportation, Trade and Economic Development Committee; Vice-Chair House Water Committee, House Judiciary Committee.
Community Experience: Oregon Hunger Relief Task Force; Portland Public Schools Bond Task Force; Columbia-Willamette Planned Parenthood Board; Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center Board.
COMMITTED ADVOCATE FOR EDUCATION
- Fought for stable funding for our schools.
- Opposed budget cuts for K-12 public schools.
- Pushed for more money for higher education.
RESULTS FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- Co-sponsored bill to make prescription drugs more affordable for low-income seniors.
- Worked to reduce hunger by expanding summer food programs and access to fresh foods for low-income families.
- Helped enact $2.5 billion Oregon Transportation Investment Act that creates thousands of family-wage jobs.
PROTECTING OUR AIR, WATER AND OPEN SPACES
- Defended Oregon's land use system.
- Promoted solutions for the recycling of computers.
- Sponsored legislation to close SUV tax loopholes.
American Federation of Teachers-Oregon
Oregon League of Conservation Voters
NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon
Oregon Nurses Association
Basic Rights Oregon
Thank you for the privilege of serving you in the Oregon House of Representatives. During the 2003 Legislative session, I fought for affordable health care, adequate funding for our schools, and to protect our environment. There is still much work to be done to keep Oregon a great place to live. I ask for your vote so I can continue to make a difference for our community. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or concerns.
P.O. Box 13432
Portland, OR 97213
(This information furnished by Friends of Jackie Dingfelder.)